Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Challenge II, D10: Finally home




Be still and know that I am God
Be still and know that I am
Be still and know that I
Be still and know that
Be still and know
Be still

Be

::Psalm 46:10::




So I'm standing in the kitchen tonight, washing dishes from the day and unloading and reloading the dishwasher.

Gracie is chirping at me from her favorite perch on top of the refrigerator, and the oven is rhythmically clicking as our dinner bakes. The timer counts down 15:36, 15:35, 15:34 ...

I hear Jon moving upstairs.

I pause to look out the window in front of me, onto the softly twilit world. I hear crickets singing, and feel a soft, fragrant breeze waft across my face, kissing my eyelashes.

I breathe. In. Out.

And I realize, in this very moment, I am finally home. This is what my heart was aching for all those months when I was searching ... not even knowing what to ask for.
A Perfect peace.

Perfect comfort.



And my heart beats, Thank You, thank You, thank YOU... for this one complex, hard, uniquely wonderful & excruciatingly beautiful life