To preface this post, I need to tell you that I have never considered myself a cat person. J has always had that aspect covered in our relationship (having grown up in a house with 4 cats, he pretty much had to sink or swim, imho...) I didn't dislike them, per say.. it was more that they never gave me the time of day, and so I figured, why bother?!
And then, I met this little guy:
Here are just a few things I have learned, thanks to my beloved fur baby:
- Allow yourself plenty of time to nap each day. A good nap always improves your outlook on life.
- If something is wrong, don't be afraid to cry about it (loudly). It gets the job done.
- Eat often, and thoroughly enjoy each bite.
- Greet guests at the door like they are the first person you have seen all day-- it will make them feel loved and appreciated.
- Warm soft blanket = Heaven
- Spend lots of time contemplating the beauty of the outdoors (Baron loves to sit at the window and watch the geese play in the fountain outside.)
- Yoga is always, always more fun with a cat.
- Sometimes, no matter how much you cry, J will not listen. In this case, if you sit in his lap, he will have to pay attention to you.
- Sometimes, lying in the sunshine for 20 minutes is just what is needed to revive your soul.
- Set aside time each day to play. Not only is it fun and fulfilling to you- but it brings you closer to the one you are playing and laughing with-- playtime = quality time.