Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good List & Day #1

Day 1 "challenge" pic:

"Change the way you see, not the way you look. YOU are beautiful!
operationbeautiful.com"

I think it is only appropriate that today's picture pay tribute to Operation Beautiful. (Posted this afternoon in Giant Eagle, on my way to pick up cat food and orange juice :)

For those of you not familiar with Operation Beautiful, the project was started by
Caitlyn with one simple mission: to end negative self talk, and to promote self confidence and self love-- one post-it at a time. Visit the Operation Beautiful site for more information, as well as inspiration-- and just to generally renew your belief in the goodness of mankind. AND, if you want more, check out the clip from this morning's Today show, and pick up Operation Beautiful, the book (I ordered mine, and am expecting it to arrive tomorrow!)

Posting this note was definitely a wonderful part of my day-- I admit, it was my first, but it won't be my last! I had such a good time sneaking through the store, posting little tokens of goodwill. I only hope that it brightened someone else's day as much as it brightened mine!

Now let's keep going with good things, shall we?

Good List:
1. J. I love how free I am to speak my mind with him. I treasure the light, playful conversations, as well as our deep heart-to-heart talks. Being married to your best friend is pretty awesome (1 month and 14 days until out 1st Anniversary-- where does the time go?!)
2. Thunder storms
3. An amazing new brownie recipe (thanks, Laurie!) I promise I'll share soon!
4. Gracie. I love how her 6th sense can detect my every mood, and how she knows to stay close to me when she senses I am sad or uncomfortable.
5. New opportunities and challenges :)
6. Trader Joe's frozen brown rice ... I am never buying rice in a box again!
7. Reading in bed.
8. Leisurely brunches, coffee and perusing the Sunday paper with J on Sunday mornings. (This is is perhaps my favorite of our new traditions.)
9. Small, twinkly candles and bubble bath. (Remember? I'm totally a girly girl.)
10. "Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life." -- Immanuel Kant