Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Challenge Day #13: Today/Tonight/Tomorrow


Today was kind of a rough day.

Just one of those weird days when I couldn't shake the tired and melancholy, and all I really wanted to do was come home, curl up in bed, and start over (I have a sneaking suspicion that my sadness had everything to do with my extreme tiredness today …. 12 miles can do that to you, ya know…)
To put it plainly, I was in a funk.


But I did my best to find the good things. I strove to celebrate the mundane, fervently believing in the mantra "fake it 'till you make it."

Tonight I chopped vegetables with gusto, and sipped wine as I cooked dinner for my husband. Tonight when we sat down together to eat we dined on our fine china-- because china is for special occasions-- and what occasion is more special than having dinner with the love of your life?

Tonight I baked cookies, and enjoyed one (almost) straight out of the oven with an icy cold glass of milk. Tonight I scooped Gracie up every time she ventured near enough, and gave her extra kisses. Tonight I looked through my wedding pictures again, because they make me happy. Tonight I may have sighed a little deeper than normal, but I lingered in J's hugs for longer as well.

Tonight I will go to sleep in peace, knowing that , yes, this day will be over soon, and tomorrow will be a new start-- but today had it's redeeming qualities and it's "good stuff" in it's own right. ...You take the bitter with the sweet :)

Looking forward to the tomorrow ...