Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good List Fridays: volume iii

New MiT shirt. I'm bad at taking self portraits, but the part you can't see reads:" Change your life, one mile at a time." Love this concept... and it's certainly proved true for me ♥



Happy Friday, friends!

And happy August?! How did that happen? I had just lulled myself into complacency thinking that although the tv & radio are innundated with back to school commercials, the retail seasons are always at least a month in advance. ... and in fact, it's just that time is sneaking past me :)

I hope you all had a wonderful week. I am (as usual) singing Friday praises and looking forward to the weekend. Let's do a little Good List-y recap of the week, shall we?



Good List
1. Jon. Who is, and will always be, one of the coolest people I know. I'm excited to have him back next week (i.e.: Jon has a break from being on call for a couple weeks :)


2. Last night while Jon was playing volleyball with some friends from work, I spent the evening doing completely "Amy-like" things: I cooked dinner and cranked up some jazz music, poured myself a glass of wine, and just sat and let my mind be at peace. How my how my soul needed this night!

3. Happy text messages. Little sister is doing just fine in the big world :)
4. Striving to do one thing a day that scares me. I don't do this often enough. It makes me feel invincible.

5. New sneakers.
6. Soft, damp nights punctuated by the song of cicadas. This is quintessential August.

7. These. Sweet heavens. 'How Sweet Jessica' sure knows what she's doing ....
8. Dreaming of peaches ... and peach butter.
9. Fabulous 14. {The running post is coming your way tomorrow!}
10.
"Living a great love story is like prepping for a marathon. Most people show up out of shape and expect it to work. It won't." - Donald Miller

(I love everything about this quote. ...and it inspires me to reread one of my favorite books, Miller's "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.")


Your Turn: What tops your 'Good List" this week? How would you describe a "perfectly YOU-like" evening? ♥