Friday, July 29, 2011

Good List Fridays, Volume ii

This kitty never fails to amaze me. What a silly girl ...


...I know, right?!... Hang on to your hats: I'm posting for the second time in 2 days! :) ...

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you've all had a wonderful week :)


I've had a busy (as always) but good one, although I am definitely counting it as a blessing that I have 2 days of respite before another Monday rolls around.


It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the second installment of "Good List Fridays".



Good List
1. Jon.

2. Chocolate milk (I'm loving dark chocolate almond milk!). Best. post-run treat. ever.

3. It's that time of year again... Time for the State Fair! I LOVE the fair. The sounds, the smells, the sights & the tastes (roasted corn & funnel cake? Don't mind if I do...) It's an essential component of summertime for me. ...Now just to convince my husband to go with me... This conversation actually took place: Amy:"I'm upping the ante: if you take me to the State Fair, I'll do dishes for a week!" Jon:"We'll see..." ...I think I'll wear him down yet!

4. Nerdy running moment of the week: I am ridiculously excited about my new fuel belt. I may or may not have worn it around the house for a while on Monday evening. ... In my defense, it gets really tiring to carry a handheld water bottle after 10 miles...

5. This week has calmed down enough (or perhaps I've adapted to the new pace?) that I'm back in the kitchen. Preparing dinner every night is therapeutic for me. All is right with the world again.

6. Yeah. ... So I'm running 14 miles on tomorrow morning. 14 miles. This is huge for me, physically, mentally & spiritually. This will be the farthest I've ever run. And while I'm crazy excited, I'm also scared to death. Assuming I live through it, I plan to write about my experiences in marathon training sometime soon :) (Feel free to send positive thoughts & prayers my way tomorrow morning from about 6:30 - 9:30 am ET ...)

7. The nights when I am absolutely on fire to write. Sometimes I go for weeks with just a tiny, flickering flame that I'm struggling to keep lit... but then something clicks and the words flow freely. Last night I poured my heart and soul into this post. ...This is my favorite kind of 'work' ...

8. Charcoal grills, sunshine & ice cold beer.

9. Taking chances. This week I'm making some big, bold moves. ... Hoping to fill you in soon ♥

10. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain


Your Turn: What tops your list of "Good Things" this week?