Friday, July 22, 2011

Good List Fridays


(Listening to vocal tracks at Lifeway on Monday night. ...The only picture I took all week :)


To say that this week has been exhausting may be an understatement.

... In fact, it may be the understatement of the century. I think even
my diaphragm is tired, as I've had the hiccups for the past 10 minutes
;)

Between Jon's new job (which has him "on call" 24/7 for the first
several weeks, marathon training and the heat (which has been
ridiiiiiculous....), it's safe to say that I am completely wiped out.
... but nothing 10 straight hours of sleep can't fix, I'm sure ;)

Anyhoo... I have a couple of "Love Letters" posts in the pipeline,
that I'm really hoping I can get out to you this weekend. I miss the
blog, and my sweet friends... I miss hunkering down with my keyboard
and getting lost in my own thoughts... I haven't been short of
inspiration, just short of energy & time.


So, for the time being, please accept my apologies for being such a
sporadic blogger these past few weeks. I'm finding that (at least for
me, and at least for now), time management seems to be a very fluid
concept: it's as soon as I get some of my (proverbial) balls in the
air that I realize I am tripping over 2 or 3 that have fallen,
unnoticed, to the floor.

... Nevertheless, life is sweet, and there is a lot of good to be
recognized :) I will continue to practice my juggling skills in the
hopes that someday I can gracefully & effortlessly keep all the joy,
work, obligations & pleasures afloat... but in the meantime I will
celebrate the everyday. Even when it's not perfect & I'm not
"all together".


And this is the concept behind a new series I'd like to start: "Good
List Fridays". I haven't been posting my "Good Lists" as often as I
used to, and this fact does not escape me. Therefore, I am hereby
instituting "Good List Fridays" here on Amy Around the Corner. Care to
join me?

The inaugural list:

Good List:

1. Jon. This may sound crazy, but I love that I miss him on busy
weeks. I definitely wish that we could spend more time together, but I
am awed & excited to find that when we don't get to spend a lot of
time together I crave his presence... his steadfastness... his
reasoning & his kindness... even after all these years :) I think
that's how true love should be.
2. Girlfriends. I spent this past weekend with Jenny, and had a lovely
dinner with Kaitie on Monday... and if that wasn't good enough, I
talked with bff Saundra for an hour on Tuesday night. ... And then
there are my running girls. I find that I am surrounded by strong,
compassionate, inspiring women. What a blessing.
3. Coffeeeeeee.
4. My little sister got a job!!! I'm so excited for her!
5. Watching Jon snuggle babies. Ladies, is there anything sweeter than
watching your man love on little ones?... It makes my ovaries hurt, in
a good way :) (We got some Lucas-snuggling time in the weekend, at our
nephew's 2nd birthday party. Lucas, at 6 mos, is at that deliciously
round & huggable stage in his babyhood... I just can't get enough!)
6. Baron has been super "talkative" this week, which is absolutely
hilarious delightful (#catlady)
7. Our new vacuum cleaner. I'm still absolutely enamored.
8. Popsicles
9. The scent of a charcoal fire.... yummm...
10.
“Do the things you used to talk about doing but never did. Know
when to let go and when to hold on tight. Stop rushing. Don't be
intimidated to say it like it is. Stop apologizing all the time. Learn
to say no, so your yes has some oomph. Spend time with the friends who
lift you up, and cut loose the ones who bring you down. Stop giving
your power away. Be more concerned with being interested than being
interesting. Be old enough to appreciate your freedom, and young
enough to enjoy it. Finally know who you are. ”
- Kristin Armstrong


Your Turn: What tops your list of good things this week?

Happy Friday, friends!