Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wrangling: {Good Week}

(A weekly round-up)

Something that I've been struggling with since the beginning of the year, as I revel in the shining reformation of my blog, is this: striking a balance between the profound and the everyday. I believe that there is beauty in both, for sure, but truth be told (and remember, I'm all about the honesty this year) there are a lot of days when I am anything but eloquent, happily schlepping along in the glorious mundane of the every day. Not every experience I have or thought that races through this head of mine can be expounded and twisted and dissected into something beautiful. Sometimes life is just simple, and one word can be just as beautifully enlightening as a page of prose.

I've also been trying to figure out how to put my own spin on "ye old weekly recap" style posts. I want to keep record of how my life is moving forward week-by-week, but I want to do it in an Amy-like way. So here's what I've come up with: "Wrangling". Each Wednesday I am going to "wrangle" the past weeks' happenings into a post filled with pictures, lists & general tidbits about the past 7 days. Here is the first installment:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Today is a good day. For no particular reason, really, though there have been many good and interesting things that have happened over the course of it. Aren't these surprisingly joyful days the best? Perhaps this day seems especially sweet after my roller coaster yesterday.

Yesterday was a frustrating day. Not because anything bad happened... actually, rather the opposite. Some days I get fed up and cranky because I feel like I'm going nowhere. So I stomped home after work & went for a walk with Jon, and came home renewed & refreshed; no longer "in a mood". Sometimes the best way for me to distract myself from my seeming "immobility" is to just get up and move. It reminds me that, even if I am in fact standing still, it's a damn good place to be.



... Of course, today was also good because of these delightfully whimsical (& delicious!) cookies:


I've been itching to write lately, and have been able to sit down to bang out some really good stuff. Really soul-tiring stuff, to tell the truth. I find that when I really open up and let the words pour out from the depths of my soul-- the rawest, most authentic kind of writing-- I am left empty, exhausted, and completely at peace. ...Unfortunately, I can't share any of it... at least not yet. I have these posts shelved, but I am excited to share them with you at some point, but for now the smartest move for me is to keep them tucked away. I promise that when the right pieces fall into place (and I am confident that they will!) I will reveal all...

...Love notes to myself...

I'm loving this fragrance right now. It's very warm & sensual & summery to me, with hints of gardenia. It just makes me happy to wear it.



Lately I've been aching for Carlisle (here, here and here). (Heidi... today I got to thinking, how cool would it be if we could be there at the same time again someday, and run the neighborhoods around Grandpa's house together? I think it would be awesome... although you might have to slow down a little so I could keep with you, hehe :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'll be back on Friday morning with the next installment of "Love Letters" ... But for now it's your turn:

How is your week going so far, friends?