Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wrangling: {Time}




(A weekly round up. Each Wednesday I am going to “wrangle” the past weeks’ happenings into a post filled with pictures, lists & general tidbits about the past 7 days.)

As I get older and the more life I experience, the more I am humbled by this great mystery of time. How is it possible that our parents were right the older I get the faster time moves?

Every morning this week, I have awakened amazed; incredulous that somehow yesterday is over, and a new day has begun. I think that the very first moments of each day may be the best, because the space between dreaming & waking does not allow any room for doubt or expectations. In these moments there is simply life, and as I breathe in my first cognizant breaths of the day, I am thankful.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am especially grateful for these centering morning moments during 'in between' weeks, like this one. In between weeks are those that follow closely on the heels of busy, laughter-filled party-till-you-drop kinds of weeks-- or (more commonly for us), 'in between weeks' are sandwiched between two busy times. 'In between weeks' have a sweetness all their own, but somehow, they seem to pass the most quickly. I'm doing my best to soak it in - reveling in cooking for Jon, writing more & snuggling on the couch with the cats... as well as going to bed a little earlier so that I can read a few more chapters in my book (currently, I'm reading this, recommended by Julie. I cannot put it down.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This week my heart & arms are aching for another cat.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Perhaps our biggest accomplishment of the weekend: hanging the pot rack.

Woah-- can I just tell you how glad I am that I no longer have to rummage through my pantry past my rice & beans to get the the frying pan?!

No cats were harmed in this installation, either (a valid concern, as, if you look in the 2nd picture, you will see that the pot rack is hanging directly over the cat food station. Thank you, Lord, for stud-finders :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This afternoon we were treated to a truly spectacular storm-- our first thunderstorm of the year. I love storms. The way the leaves roll over in anticipation and the electric feeling in the air, waiting for that first drop of rain to break the tension. I think observing storms can be a beautiful, moving experience.

But today? Today it hailed ... And instead of being enraptured by the majesty of nature, I worried about Jon's new(ish) car. Phooey. Even still, it was a pretty awesome storm.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Without getting into any specifics: someone I love had something wonderful happen to her earlier this week, and I received a personal phone call to let me in on the good news. That was definitely a highlight :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
What I've been meditating on today: (Thank you, Pastor Bud!)
‎"...Take your everyday, ordinary life -- your sleeping, eating, going to work, and walking around life -- and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for Him. Don't become so well adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God." Romans 12:1 (The Message)


Amen. Let my Life Song sing to you.


...And now if you'll excuse me, I have a loudly purring Gracie who is begging for my attention... she's been rubbing her face on my computer screen for the last 10 minutes, and has now resorted to gnawing on my power cord :)

How's your week going?