Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Late Wednesday "Listing"

Hi, friends -- and a happy late Wednesday to you!

This will be a quickie post tonight -- but I'll be back tomorrow to fill in all the details, and give you some pictures :)

Here's a Good List to 'tide you over'....

Good List
1. J. We took on another BIG (for us :) project this past weekend and didn't kill each other. Again, I am so thankful for my husband's patience! There are, of course, other reasons I could name him to the 'good list' this week, but really? This was pretty significant :)
2. I love the "tired in your bones yet completely content" feeling you get when you have worked hard all day long. Additionally, I love showering off all the dirt and sweat and then crawling into bed that night. It is the sweetest feeling.
3. In the past week, two of my favorite bloggers have put of posts that have touched and inspired me profoundly. I hope you know who you are, and I hope you know how grateful I am for your words ... and for your 'bloggy friendship'.
4. On Tuesday I had a peanut butter cup blizzard for lunch. It was absolutely necessary, and it was absolutely delightful. Absolutely worth it.
5. This week is "Summer Nights Live" at our church. This means that every evening from 6:30 - 8:30, I am blessed by the noisy, chaotic exuberance of 21 (!) 8 - 10 year olds. We sing, craft, eat snacks (which are awesome-- even with the added "excitement" of serving red punch every evening ... really?!) and race screaming through the sprinkler. Pure bliss. I hope they are getting as much out of it as I am :)
6. Routine. As much as I drag my feet in the mornings (I'm not sure getting out of bed to go to work at 6 am is EVER going to get easier ...), sometimes I find comfort in the monotony-- peace in knowing (at least basically) what the next 9 hours will hold for me.
7. ... And then again, surprise visits, new projects, and special treats are always welcome diversions... Once cannot thrive on routine alone ;)
8. Although you would be able to guess from my posting frequency, I have been writing a LOT in the past week. And, oh, it is good... Sometimes nothing can heal me like pressing a pen to paper and just ... letting go ....
9. HOLY. COW. I almost forgot to tell you this, but I WON THE CROQUET GAME we played on Sunday. Please don't think that I am bragging (uh.. well, maybe I am ... a little...)-- it's just such a rare occurrence that I needed to share my joy. (As you may have gathered by now, I am not -- eh hem-- particularly athletically gifted... All small victories are celebrated with much gusto.)
10. "We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey." - Stephen Covey

... And now, to bed I go ... Hope you are having a fabulous week so far!