Monday, April 26, 2010

Hallelujah!

Great news, bloggies!! Guess what I found:



Exhibit A

MY CAMERA!!

Whew. I was really getting worried there for a bit. Unfortunately, I still haven't found my one other "lost" item-- a baseball cap that I wore running (love. Love, LOVED because it kept my hair out of my face... RIP, dear hat.)

... A problem which may or may not have been solved yesterday at the Adidas outlet in Jeffersonville.....

Anyway, though, due to the lovely spring-y weather we have been experiencing lately :




Exhibit B


My "walk with me" post has been temporarily postponed.. as I am stuck inside (reading) during my lunch breaks. However, I will give you one picture (taken early last week) as a teaser of what's to come:

Exhibit C

The rain has not been all bad, though. I know that we needed it (omg... while I'm thinking about it, send up a little prayer for our grass seed in the back yard.... I'm hoping for a miracle... but things are not looking promising after a week....), and honestly, I needed it, too. This weekend I took my "rained in" status very seriously, and, except for my (erm...completely necessary) shopping excursion with Emily yesterday, I did not leave the house. I didn't get out of my pajamas until Saturday afternoon, I watched lots of Gilmore Girls, I baked cookies (which now I am feeling very sad that I didn't bring for lunch today... boo...) and I snuggled with the kitties under the covers with my book.

Glorious.


Anyway, so here we are at Monday, and I'm chugging along per usual. As far as I can tell, the week looks pretty calm so far. J and I have our 'We-avoided-it-this-weekend-so we-still-need-to-get-to-it' yard work (yippee ...) to get to later this week (probably tomorrow, which *knock on wood* is looking like it will be a pretty nice day!), and I get my 'hairs cut' on Saturday, but other than that, we're blissfully free. ... Being the 'optimistic realist' that I am, I know my week isn't really going to be all lying around on the couch drinking wine and eating chocolate .... but I think we'll be happy with the way things will fill up.

Now, without further ado, I provide you with a further glimpse into my life, via

Good List

1. J. Haha... this is going to sound completely lame, but I loved baking cookies for him this weekend. They say the way to a man's heart this through his stomach-- well, the way to a woman's heart is by recognizing and appreciating her (her actions, her thoughts... everything!) I would bake a bazillion batches of cookies for this man, because his 'thank yous' make me feel like a million bucks :)

2. Gracie Lou. Always, always, always a good thing in my life.

3. Rain pitter-pattering on my roof to lull me to sleep. It reminds me of rainy summer evenings of my childhood, spent in 'The Little House' (J and I also spent our honeymoon there).

4. 'Guilty pleasure novels'. Ones that I know will not enrich my knowledge or deepen my spirituality at all (except, perhaps, by broadening my vocabulary... but that may be a stretch...) --Books that are solely read for the joy of reading them, and escaping the dark, rainy world.

5. Alternatively, reading things that deepen and enrich my soul immeasurably, like this, this and this.

6. Of course, chocolate chip cookies. Fresh out of the oven, with a glass of milk :)

7. Quiet times.

8. Felt-tipped pens.

9. Tulips.

10. Striving to live authentically every.single.moment. Tuning in to my heart and learning to tune out the fear that holds me back. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine." More importantly, recognizing that even when there is no sunshine to be found, I can create my own-- or even find beauty in the shadows.

Happy Monday, friends. Here's to a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment