"Quickie" post tonight, friends... but I promise you I'll "fill in the blanks" tomorrow.
Suffice it to say, I picked up Gracie at the vet today after an overnight stay (ughhh... talk about your whopping dose of 'Mommy guilt" ...) and I need to spend the evening snuggling and kissing my little girl.
I don't need a whopping dose of 'bloggy-guilt', too I like you all an awful lot... here's a quick rundown of life in Amy-ville lately... plus pictures... PLUS a list. ...Really, this isn't such a bad little post after all ;)
Life as I know it (here and now: 6pm on Wednesday night....welcome to chaos.)
- Gracie. My sweet, sleepy girl. Oh, how Mama missed you.
- Baron = spaz. ... Methinks his "comfort your own" gene is all too quickly replaced by the"primal, must survive and protect ME" gene. (Read: apparently Gracie smells like "vet" and so Baron is on the defensive, growling, hissing, and snapping. Lovely. Needless to say, he got booted out of the room really quickly.)
- Currently I am blogging here:
- ...and on the table next to me rests a devotional ... with a half empty bottle of Miller on it. If there is a more candid snapshot into my life tonight, I don't know what it might be. Truly, it's simple: I love God; I
loveenjoy beer. Sometimes you need (a lot of) both to get you through an evening.
- Weather this week = yuck. Cold, rainy, and decidedly un-May like. I am ready for the sun & warmth to return any.time.now.
- But this? This chaos here? I'll take it. Because sandwiched between the crazy times, I find myself breathing in little moments like this one (see below.) And these are the moments I live for.
(J & Gracie snuggling. Actually, they are both asleep. I am listening to the snores that prove it.)
- J. Sometimes I have a hard time putting into words what he means to me, but trust me, it's enough... and so much more.
- good, long nights of sleep
- cupcakes!!! Courtesy of the lovely Laurie :)
- breathy, kitty sighs from the sleeping lovely next to me. (heh. that would be Gracie.)
- good books; great escapes
- chocolates that inspire me (... even if I did have to eat about 5 to get a good message like this. actually, now that I think about it, one might argue that was part of the good stuff.. you know... the fact that I had to eat 5 dove promises...)
- soft blankets for snuggling under, and cushy (orange) 'writing chairs'
- romantic comedies. because some nights are for laughing, loving, happy ending type movies
- sweat pants
- "What a gift of grace to be able to take the chaos from within, and from it create some semblance of order." - Katherine Paterson
And, like always, I'll leave you with the good stuff. Because there is oh-so-much good stuff here tonight. My rainy, grey work days and the stressful 'in-betweens' will not define me, but rather, it's the good, little moments that are writing my story.
What are you thankful for today? What tops today's Good List?