Anyway, never fear, my bloggy friends! Immmmm Baaaaccck! :)
And to try to make up for my temporary hiatus, this promises to be one wordy post :) Not only do I have 2 weeks worth of Good Lists for you.... but I'll give you a general catch up of all that has been happening over here in the world of Amy.
Good List (week of 11/8): (note: I actually did write this last week, and had every intention of posting... but obviously I didn't.... Here it is now for your reading pleasure)
1. J. I love living with my best friend! Thursday's early morning heart-to-heart conversation is only one of many treasured A+J moments this week.
2. Sushi (!!) and
3. Girls' Night! Emily and I had a fabulous time on Monday evening-- we went out for dinner, and then came back home to look at wedding pictures and for some girly chat :) Glorious. I can't wait to do it again soon!
4. I got my new glasses on Tuesday. Love, love, LOVE (will post a pic soon-- I feel uber-trendy and cute in them!)
5. New opportunities to serve. I got an invitation from Pastor Bud on Wednesday to join the Staff Parish Committee. I'm very excited to see where this leads.
6. Pizza night. Oh, how I LOVE pizza night :) (which, this week, fell on Wednesday!)
7. Checking things off my to-do list-- today and tomorrow I am running name change errands. My goal is to have everything done (on my end) by Thanksgiving. (On this note: I am also very thankful for Google Calendar/ Google Tasks... lifesavers!)
8. More deep soul searching, inspired by this book.
9. My mother's cooking. I know it's cliche, but when I think comfort food, this is what I think :) I am very blessed to eat dinner with my family once a week.
10. Lovely, lovely Fall days. We have definitely been spoiled this week with all the sunshine. I love it!
Good List (for Today, Wednesday, Nov 18)
1. J. I love the man. And that's all :) (And that is enough.)
And now, the new list for the week: 28 by 28. This idea is by no means an original one-- in fact, I hae seen it pop up several times this week in the blog world (although, I can't remember to tell you where....) The drawn out title of this list is "28 things to do/accomplish by the time I'm 28". I love this idea!! I've been seeing a lot of "30 by 30" lists lately, and so I've decided to create my own personal edition! (28 because that will give me 5 years! --After that, I'll move on to 30....) ...but enough talk. I give you:
- Visit Carlisle, PA with J.
- Go to San Francisco with J.
- Go to Boston
- Go to an all-inclusive Sandals Resort with J (perhaps for our 5th Anniversary?)
- Run a marathon
- Write out a life plan and start making it happen.
- I'd really like to attend a Healthy Living Summit one of these years :)
- Buy a house with J
- Have a baby
- Help out with a Chrysalis Flight
- Host a holiday dinner for my family
- See my all-time favorite band in concert.
- Do a TTD/ Fearless Bridal portrait session with Kelly.
- Go hiking in the Rocky Mountains
- Go back to Gatlinburg with J.
- Start playing guitar again.
- Get involved with a "young adult" bible study. A real one :)
- Run an 8 minute mile.
- Run a sub-2 hour half marathon.
- Visit the Napa and Sonoma Valleys-- Tour lots of wineries!
- Go to a Country Music Concert :)
- Go on a roadtrip with J. (This is something he's always wanted to do-- I think it would be fun to go with him!)
- Go to Europe.
- Keep a garden
- Learn to fold a fitted sheet
- Bake a cake from scratch
- Go see "The Nutcracker" downtown at Christmastime
- See a Broadway Show
That was fun! (I definitely almost forgot to stop at 28... hehe....)
All right... well I'm not sure if that counted as a real "check-in" for what's been going on over here... but I think the "Good Lists" should have given a good glimpse at least :) ...Actually, I need to get going for now (lots of errands to run-- I definitely thrive on checking items off my to-do list!)
Happy hump-day, Bloggies! Make it a good one :)
(and yes, I promise my next post will not be so far down the road....)