Friday, March 19, 2010

5 Lessons

Lesson #1: “ Vanilla/Vanilla Jojos are awesome with breakfast coffee, while chocolate/chocolate Jojos are best with milk.”

I couldn’t think of a better way to being this post than with this little gem. (You may thank me later …) Clearly, if you have been following me at all lately, you know that my first lesson probably may have occurred first thing this morning (B.F.O.C. anyone?!? Haha…) And to answer the unspoken questions: Yes, as a matter of fact I do have 2 kinds of Jojo’s at my house (and will for the foreseeable future… unless J takes matters into his own hands and eats them all saves me from myself…. Will keep you updated :). ... Clearly I have a problem. But, really? If cookies for breakfast is wrong, I don’t want to be right …

Lesson #2: “25 mph speed limits are infinitely more bearable when it’s sunshiney and 60° outside.”
My saving grace for the week has been the extra hours of sunlight in the evening. *Ahhhhhh* (eh hem. Though that looks like a scream, it’s actually the sound of angels singing. Use your imagination :). Sunshine in my life is definitely, definitely a good thing. … And so is green beer*, but that’s another story ;) Read on just a bit further! (First, though: I need to be honest with you in that I actually did not consume any green beer myself, because my husband tells me green beer is scary. I haven’t tried it, but I’ll take his word for it. We stuck with icy cold *amber colored* goodness… I realize that this makes me decidedly ‘un-hardcore’ … but I’m okay with that :)

Lesson #3: “Give thanks for the good things in your life, but sometimes it’s all right to want more.”
Overall, it’s been a good week. I’ve been listing, planning and dreaming for the new house (!!!), and I’ve also been able to take a few moments for some personal reflection. …Which has been amazing :). Pink sunsets+ pink wine (‘klassy’, I know…) evoke the dreamy, passionate soul-searchy side of me.

I’ve always known that I have a restless heart. Lately, I’ve begun to realize that it is, in fact, a periodic cycle of content vs. restless. ..And more importantly? I am learning how to embrace that.

I am learning that restlessness does not necessarily mean I'm doing something wrong in my life… but rather, that I'm craving a new challenge to enrich my life and help me to grow as a person. Therefore, it is prime time for productivity, daring, and stepping out into the unknown.

I am a very spiritual person, and I am beginning to see these ‘growing pains’ as my “divine push” (if you will) --not to become a different person… but rather, to develop and grow into all I am meant to be, and indeed, who I have been deep inside, all along.

I am definitely not saying I’ve got everything figured out (puh-leeze, I am still struggling with the “what do you want to be when you grow up?” question…) I’m simply saying that I have hope in the waiting, because I know my life has so much promise.

...but enough heavy stuff…

Lesson #4: “Good friends are Everything. Duh.”
When I haven’t been busy being anti-social introspective, I’ve been blessed to get to spend a lot of good times with friends this week. I’ve definitely gotten my fair share of ‘distractions’ to lift me up when I have been in crabby less-than-stellar moods. (ie: I came home and told J that I was “Funked up” on Tuesday evening, and the man ordered me a pizza. He’s a keeper … Obviously, because there's nothing that pizza can’t fix :)

Actually, here’s where the green beer story comes in! Wednesday turned out to be an especially long day for me, and so when J sent me a message and asked me if I wanted to go out… well, I was (a little) lukewarm about it. Ultimately I decided “Meh, why not?” (and, I realize this mentality can lead to some pretty sketchy decisions…. But I’ve always been lucky in these situations!)… after all, it should be more fun than going home moping, taking a nap until dinner, hanging out with the cats – no offense, Gracie , right?! RIGHT! Oh boy, what an experience! I have to admit that this was the 1st time (in nearly 24 years… yikes.) I’ve never “gone out” on St. Patrick’s Day—but it was just as I imagined. First of all …. I always think people at bars are entertaining…. But this was something else. (I suppose when you’ve been out green beer and car-bomb drinking since noon, it’s to be expected:) I had a great time people watching, catching up with friends (Hi, Gary!) and kicking back & relaxing in the middle of the week (imho, March 17th falling on a Wednesday is brilliant—although I am sure the majority of my green beer drinking comrades would NOT agree…)

And finally, Lesson #5: “A little eye candy never hurt anyone”
Enjoy:

Happy Friday, friends. I hope your weekend is fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment