Sunday, April 3, 2011

Truth be told ...

picture by Laurie
  • I was never a cat person before Jon got Baron... if Jon & I were not together, I probably still wouldn't be.
  • I hate doing laundry. ...With the fiery passion of 1,000,000 burning suns.
  • On a not-unrelated note, I am terrible at ironing. Jon made the mistake of asking me to iron his shirts once. ...He's bought 'non-iron' shirts ever since.
  • I own festive socks for Christmas, Halloween, Valentines Day and St. Patrick's day. Consequently, sometimes I wear Halloween socks in the middle of March.

  • I cook (& bake) better when I've got a glass of wine in my hand :)
  • If I was rich, I think the first 'help' that I would hire would be a hairdresser. I'd love to have "just walked out of the salon hair' every day, and, after at least 10 years of attempting it myself, I know I can't do it myself :)

  • I know for a fact that I am capable of giving up coffee & surviving ... But, why?
  • I love to read at night, but typically, I am only capable of reading 3 pages before I pass out. So realistically, even when I say "I can't put this book down", it takes at least 3 weeks to finish.
  • I love the way running makes me feel once I'm done... but while I am out doing it? It's really hard. The 2.5 miles I did tonight darn near killed me.
  • ...it's kind of the same with yoga :)
  • We've lived in our house for over a year now, and we still haven't figured out how to use our fireplace. Inexcusable.

  • Another dream of mine is to someday own a bookstore, like 'The Shop Around the Corner' in You've Got Mail. ...of course, without the whole 'big business put my cute little bookstore out of business' bit.

  • I'm kind of in love with 50's, Betty Draper style.

  • Some people 'dream in chocolate'. ... I dream in cupcakes :)